Thursday, August 11, 2011

wowzers.

Needless to say, it's been QUITE a long time since my last entry. Between the wedding, new job, and life period, I truly didn't have time to even think these last few months, not to mention blogging! So as of this past Sunday, John and I have been married 3 months :) The wedding was amazing and absolutely the best time of both our lives. The week prior could have been better, but no use in dwelling. Note to self: don't combine two families like that EVER again the week before the most important day of your life. BAD IDEA! The wedding went without a hitch and I was incredibly pleased with ALL of our vendors whom I obtained all on my own :) Here are a few of our favorite pics:

Poor Beau couldn't be in the wedding because he would have dragged my niece down, so just Lilo was in the wedding ;) But Beau did have a fantastic time at the beach!
LOVE the black and white pics :)

It's official!


Whatcha lookin at?!
So I have continued to run, even though I have slowed down a lot on the training. The next race I have is the Wicked 10k on Halloween weekend, but I am tentative about signing up for anymore incase "something" were to happen between now and then ;) Yes, John and I are TALKING about little ones, but still just playing with the idea, no definites yet ;) Mentally we're there, but is it a good idea of I'm thinking about starting back to school this coming spring? Should I go back earlier rather than later? Should we buy a house first? Mom's response to that was "you can easily fit a baby in your rental home!" Ha ;)

From what I have learned, if you don't have your NP or are not enrolled in an NP program by 2014, there will be none and all will be required to obtain their doctorate in nursing instead. I definitely DON'T want to do that, so NP it is! I'm actually going to look at VCU tomorrow for an information session about theirs in either family practice or pediatrics. I miss pediatrics! I love my unit, but with all the crazy changes and over-flow patients we have gotten recently, I'm wishing more and more that I was in pediatrics now... We shall see what the future holds!

More to come later, off to make some granola!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures!
    If you were a runner before getting pregnant, then you should be fine after. I saw a pregnant lady run that race last year. I am currently signed up for it myself...but holding off on any others, just in case ;-) You just want to make sure you don't push yourself to hard and overheat your body b/c that can hurt any babies on board.

    ReplyDelete