Monday, November 8, 2010

it was just a chili kinda night!


Even if it did get up to the mid 60's today, I still got that chili bug in my system and had to make a big ole pot for dinner tonight :)

Mom's Chili

1 tbsp butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 lb ground turkey
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
3-4 cans kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp chili powder
1/4 cup red wine

In large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions & garlic and saute until onions browned. Add ground turkey and cook until browned. Add all other ingredients and turn heat down to simmer. Place lid over pot and cook for at least 1.5 hours, longer if possible :) Serve & enjoy!

I LOVE this chili recipe because it isn't your typical spicy, hot chili. It has a tiny kick from the chili powder, but you can add green/red peppers or more chili powder if you like that extra bite in your chili :)

In other news, I had manager interviews for a possible RN job, and MAN were they nerve racking! How do you convince a nurse manager in a 10 minute "speed dating like" interview that you are the best person for the job? Hopefully I wowed at least one with my charisma and charm ;) Maybe I'll get some good news tomorrow!

Toodles!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment